Welcome to the new ATDA website. Union members please select Member Login button to create an account.
American Train Dispatchers Association
Member AFL-CIO Transportation Trades Department
Latest news and updates from the ATDA
September 22, 2021 — The Rail Unions comprising the Coordinated Bargaining Coalition (CBC), negotiating together in the current round of National Negotiations, have issued the following statement: To read the statement select this link /wp-content/uploads/2021/09/CBC-Update-20210922.pdf
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, June 4 — A federal judge in El Paso, Texas has ordered Union Pacific Railroad (UP) to reverse the unlawful suspensions of a group of six members of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (BLET) — five of whom are elected officers of Division 192 in El Paso. The judge ruled that all these union members had been wrongfully suspended by the UP in violation of the Railway Labor Act (RLA). UP had suspended these union members for a physical altercation at a private union meeting that was off-duty and completely off company premises.
On behalf of the undersigned rail labor organizations, we write today to express our strong support for H.R. 3684, the INVEST in America Act. This legislation would have transformative impacts across the rail industry and the nation, benefiting rail workers, consumers, travelers, and the broader economy. We applaud Chair DeFazio and Chair Payne for a bold approach to our national rail system.
ATDA applauds Chairmen DeFazio, Payne Jr. and Senator Markey for advancing critical Infrastructure Legislation that includes strong Labor Protections
Read, ATDA extends its thanks to Chairman DeFazio, Senator Markey and Chairman Payne
Read the article by AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler
Being a Unionized railroader has distinct advantages. The attached video provides some basic information about how railroad Unions function and what they do for you. This video also highlights the importance of having a contract and the role the Union has in enforcing it.
- Transportation labor leaders discuss worker-first priorities with Shuler, ButtigiegWashington, DC — As the American economy emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic only to face a supply chain emergency and stalled infrastructure legislation, the leaders of 33 transportation unions met with Liz Shuler, the president of the AFL-CIO, and Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of Transportation, among others, to advance worker-first solutions to significant challenges. The labor […] The post Transportation labor… Read more »
- Supporting A Financially Viable Postal ServiceThe United States Postal Service (USPS), and the hundreds of thousands of employees who power it, is the thread that binds our nation together, plays a central role in our vast transportation system and keeps communities connected. Its importance to day-to-day life and our economy became ever more apparent during the pandemic, as letter carriers […] The post Supporting A… Read more »
- Strong Measures Needed to Prevent Assaults on Transportation WorkersIt is an outrage that on any day, working people who staff the front lines of our passenger transportation system face brutal assaults and abusive and unruly behavior by the users of the system. The reality is this has long been a problem that plagues our transportation workforce. The pandemic has only made it worse […] The post Strong Measures… Read more »
- A Pro-Labor Approach to Supply Chain BacklogsOver the course of the last several months, the U.S. economy has suffered severe breakdowns in the supply chain as bottlenecks and service meltdowns have become a fact of daily life. The resultant delays and inefficiencies in the freight network come at high financial and even environmental costs as products fail to reach secondary manufacturers […] The post A Pro-Labor… Read more »
- Congress Must Appropriate Funds for the Tanker Security Program to Support the U.S. Maritime Industry and our National SecurityIn response to the decline of U.S. flag vessels available to protect America’s interests at home and around the globe, Congress established the Tanker Security Program (TSP), which would reinforce our current tanker fleet, lower our reliance on foreign flag vessels, and create new, good jobs for American workers. TSP was authorized by Congress in […] The post Congress Must… Read more »
- Congress Must Pass President Biden’s Build Back Better AgendaPrior to his inauguration, President Biden announced the details of his Build Back Better plan, a bold economic platform that prioritizes major investments in our nation’s infrastructure along with some of the strongest labor principles ever put forward by an American president. With the second short-term extension of the FAST Act surface transportation law quickly approaching and an economic recovery… Read more »
Select the link below for the latest ATDA Train Dispatcher newsletter in PDF format:
Forms and Documents
Here you can find the ATDA documents and forms to keep your membership up to date.