Welcome to the new ATDA website. Union members please select Member Login button to create an account.
American Train Dispatchers Association
Member AFL-CIO Transportation Trades Department
Latest news and updates from the ATDA
September 22, 2021 — The Rail Unions comprising the Coordinated Bargaining Coalition (CBC), negotiating together in the current round of National Negotiations, have issued the following statement: To read the statement select this link /wp-content/uploads/2021/09/CBC-Update-20210922.pdf
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, June 4 — A federal judge in El Paso, Texas has ordered Union Pacific Railroad (UP) to reverse the unlawful suspensions of a group of six members of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (BLET) — five of whom are elected officers of Division 192 in El Paso. The judge ruled that all these union members had been wrongfully suspended by the UP in violation of the Railway Labor Act (RLA). UP had suspended these union members for a physical altercation at a private union meeting that was off-duty and completely off company premises.
On behalf of the undersigned rail labor organizations, we write today to express our strong support for H.R. 3684, the INVEST in America Act. This legislation would have transformative impacts across the rail industry and the nation, benefiting rail workers, consumers, travelers, and the broader economy. We applaud Chair DeFazio and Chair Payne for a bold approach to our national rail system.
ATDA applauds Chairmen DeFazio, Payne Jr. and Senator Markey for advancing critical Infrastructure Legislation that includes strong Labor Protections
Read, ATDA extends its thanks to Chairman DeFazio, Senator Markey and Chairman Payne
Read the article by AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler
Being a Unionized railroader has distinct advantages. The attached video provides some basic information about how railroad Unions function and what they do for you. This video also highlights the importance of having a contract and the role the Union has in enforcing it.
- TTD and Rail Unions Support Amit Bose to Lead FRADear Senator: On behalf of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), the undersigned affiliated rail unions, and millions of frontline transportation workers, I urge you to advance the nomination of Amit Bose for Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) when the Senate Commerce Committee considers his nomination this week. The post TTD and Rail Unions Support Amit Bose to… Read more »
- Statement in support of transportation priorities in Democratic reconciliation spending planWashington, DC – Greg Regan, president of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), issues this statement in support of tomorrow’s markup by the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee for their portion of the Democratic reconciliation plan: “Tomorrow, the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee will hold a markup for their portion of the Democrats’ proposed $3.5 trillion reconciliation […] The post Statement in… Read more »
- September 11, 2001 – September 11, 2021: A tribute to transportation workersWashington, DC – President Greg Regan and Secretary-Treasurer Shari Semelsberger of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), issue this statement on the 20th remembrance of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks: “This weekend, as our nation marks the 20th remembrance of September 11, 2001, we remember and honor those whose lives were lost or forever […] The post September 11,… Read more »
- Transportation unions honor frontline workers with #EssentialAlways campaignWashington, DC – This Labor Day, the 33-union Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD) and the U.S. Department of Transportation are teaming up to recognize and thank frontline transportation workers for their service and sacrifice, and remind Americans that these workers are #EssentialAlways. The campaign comes at a historic crossroads for this dedicated workforce. As the […] The post Transportation unions… Read more »
- Transportation Labor Congratulates Liz Shuler, Fred Redmond on Historic AFL-CIO ElectionWashington, DC – Greg Regan, president and Shari Semelsberger, secretary-treasurer of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), issue this statement congratulating Liz Shuler and Fred Redmond on their historic election as president and secretary-treasurer, respectively, of the AFL-CIO: “On behalf of millions of frontline transportation workers and the unions that represent them, we congratulate Liz […] The post Transportation Labor… Read more »
- TTD Welcomes NHTSA Investigation into Tesla’s Autopilot FeaturesWashington, DC – On Monday, the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced formal investigations into Tesla’s autopilot self-driving features. Greg Regan, president of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), issues this statement: “NHTSA’s investigation into Tesla’s self-driving technology is a welcome and much-needed development. “For years, transportation unions have warned against the perils […] The post TTD Welcomes… Read more »
Select the link below for the latest ATDA Train Dispatcher newsletter in PDF format:
Forms and Documents
Here you can find the ATDA documents and forms to keep your membership up to date.