Welcome to the new ATDA website. Union members please select Member Login button to create an account.
American Train Dispatchers Association
Member AFL-CIO Transportation Trades Department
Latest news and updates from the ATDA
The united Rail Unions issued the following statement on June 15, 2022: Following the conclusion of our third week of compulsory mediation conducted by the National Mediation Board (NMB), the Rail Unions who are bargaining as part of the Coordinated Bargaining Coalition and the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way/SMART Mechanical Coalition pursuant to Section 5… Read More »The united Rail Unions issue statement June 15, 2022
The Rail Unions who are bargaining as part of the Coordinated Bargaining Coalition and the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way/SMART Mechanical Coalition concluded their third week of compulsory joint National Mediation Board-mediated negotiations with the National Carriers’ Conference Committee (NCCC) yesterday. Select here to read their complete statement.
The Rail Unions who are bargaining as part of the Coordinated Bargaining Coalition and the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way/SMART Mechanical Coalition concluded their second week of compulsory joint National Mediation Board-mediated negotiations with the National Carriers’ Conference Committee (NCCC) yesterday.These joint mediated negotiations, under the direction of the NMB Board Members themselves, resulted from… Read More »United Rail Unions issue the following statement
Coordinated Bargaining Coalition welcomes face-to-face mediation over national contract negotiations
CLEVELAND, Ohio (May 20, 2022) — The Coordinated Bargaining Coalition (CBC) Rail Labor Unions* are preparing for in-person mediation sessions before the National Mediation Board (NMB) in Washington D.C., May 24-26. The Unions hope this will help to settle their ongoing national contract dispute. After more than two years of bargaining, which can only be… Read More »Coordinated Bargaining Coalition welcomes face-to-face mediation over national contract negotiations
While waiting for a response to our recent request to the National Mediation Board that a proffer of arbitration be issued by the Board to move our contract dispute to the next level, CBC unions participated in two additional days of mediated bargaining sessions with NCCC this week. Read the complete press release.
- Improve Rail Service By Enhancing Surface Transportation Board Oversight AuthorityDear Senator: I am writing on behalf of the Transportation Trades Department (TTD) of the AFL-CIO. TTD is the largest transportation labor federation in the nation and notably represents all of the rail unions and workers in this country. We appreciate the May 23rd letter that you and your colleagues sent to the Surface Transportation […] The post Improve Rail… Read more »
- TTD and Union Pacific disagree over safety technology deploymentReported by Joanna Marsh for Freightwaves. The debate about how to manage visual inspections in the face of advances in safety technology continues. This time it’s railroad carmen defending the importance of visual inspections for brake testing and maintenance. Union members are responding to Union Pacific’s request to the Federal Railroad Administration to extend a waiver governing UP’s test program… Read more »
- Looming US railroad shutdown may require Congress fixReported by Taylor Kuykendall for S & P Global. The question of a national rail shutdown may be up to Congress this fall, as tensions mount between railways and unions, even as legal remedies fail. Unions and railroad carriers have been locked in negotiations over wages, benefits and workplace rules since a collective bargaining round kicked off in January 2020.… Read more »
- Mediation fails in railroad talks; Biden likely to interveneAs reported by the Stand. After more than two years of fruitless negotiations with the various Class 1 railroads and three weeks of in-person contract talks in Washington, D.C., the National Mediation Board (NMB) on Tuesday declared that a voluntary agreement is not within reach and offered binding arbitration to rail unions. The unions representing railroad workers — who have… Read more »
- Mediation ends in rail contract negotiations; arbitration offeredReported by Trains. The National Mediation Board will end mediation between railroads and their unions over the long-running negotiations for a new national contract, moving the contract process closer to intervention by President Joe Biden. The organization representing railroads in the negotiations, the National Carriers’ Conference Committee, said in a press release that it was “disappointed the parties were unable… Read more »
- VIDEO: TTD President’s Speech at AFL-CIO ConventionTTD President Greg Regan spoke at the 2022 AFL-CIO Constitutional Convention to discuss how the American Rescue Plan was a worker-first legislative lifeline that saved millions of transportation workers and services during the pandemic. Watch Video here. The post VIDEO: TTD President’s Speech at AFL-CIO Convention appeared first on TTD. Read more »
Select the link below for the latest ATDA Train Dispatcher newsletter in PDF format:
Forms and Documents
Here you can find the ATDA documents and forms to keep your membership up to date.